Gene A. Taylor
P.O. Box 1408
Columbus, MS 39703
December 2006, current term extends until 2017.
Vision for the City of Columbus
I would like to see the City of Columbus focus on having:
- Better Families
- Better Schools
- Better Jobs
- Better Safety
- Better Communities
Work diligently to improve the quality of life for all citizens of Columbus by contributing years of experience and qualifications. Meet with citizens to ensure that their concerns about the area in which they live are heard and addressed with City Officials; collaborate efforts with the Mayor and all Council Members to ensure that the City’s best interest is the main point of focus.
- Member of the Ad-Hoc Committee for the Soccerplex
- Member of the Intergovernmental Relations Advisory Committee
- Member of the City of Columbus Insurance Committee
- Over 29 years of Transportation Experience
- Ministerial Institute and College High School - May 1974
I have been married for 21 years to Terry Taylor and we have 3 wonderful daughters: Latoya, Miracle, and Gelissa and one beautiful granddaughter: Kaitylnn McKenzie McCoy. I am a member of Zion Gate Missionary Baptist Church.
I am a sport fanatic. I enjoy working with Columbus High School Basketball Program, coaching AAU Teams and working with youth in our City through Columbus-Lowndes Recreation Authority. I also enjoy traveling and spending time with my family and friends.
WARD 1 Polling Locations
- Townsend Park Recreation Building: 826 5th Street South
- William Washington Terrace: 2201 8th Avenue South
- National Guard Armory: 111 Fabritek Dr