General Counsel to the City
- College of Charleston, South Carolina: 1978-1982.
- United States Marine Corps; Active Duty May 1982- Jan, 1986; Reserves, 1986-1991 – Last Rank Captain.
- Warner Wells Insurance Agency – 1986-1989.
- University of Mississippi Law School – 1989-1992.
- Mitchell McNutt & Sams – 1992 – present www.mitchellmcnutt.com.
- Wife: Anne – Teacher at Franklin Academy Elementary
- Father: Robert – Retired Navy and Retired Civil Engineer
- Mother: Rebecca – Retired Columbus Elementary Art Teacher
- Sister: Terry - Teacher at Columbus High School
- Brother: Edwin – Attorney Greenville, South Carolina
Vision for the City
To assist the Mayor and City Council in its continuing efforts to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of the City and to work with them to achieve a fair, open, user-friendly City government that is efficient and responsive to citizens and guests from all walks of life.