The main function of the COO is to insure that all policies and directives
of the Mayor and City Council are carried out. The COO is also responsible for
general oversight and management of all city operations.
Education and Experience
- B.A. in Political Science, Mississippi State University
- M.S.S. in Political Science, Mississippi State University
- J.D., University of Mississippi
- Mayor, City of Natchez, 1988-1992
- County Administrator, DeSoto County, MS, 1999-2004
Two sons – William and Canon
Walking and reading
My vision is to see Columbus prosper and grow, to continue our state- recognized efforts in demolishing delapidated properties, to reduce and/or eliminate all areas of blight in the city,to ensure that Columbus is a safe place to live, work and raise a family, to upgrade all of our infrastructure needs, and to focus on quality of life developments for all of our citizens.